TES triflate | Trifluoromethanesulfonic acid triethylsilylester
Trimethylsilyl trifluoromethanesulfonate is a trifluoromethanesulfonate derived with a trimethylsilyl R-group. It exhibits a similar reactivity as trimethylsilyl chloride. It is often used in organic syntheses.
Silyl ethers are typically utilized as protective groups for alcohols used in organic syntheses. Because R1R2R3 is a combination of various groups, which can be modified to produce a variety of silyl-ethers, this chemical group provides an array of options for the protection of chemical groups.
|CAS No :|
|EC Number :|
- Appearance & Physical State – liquild
- Molecular weight – 264.33800
- Boiling point – 85-86ºC12 mm Hg(lit.)，207.3ºC at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point – 72ºC
- Smiles – CC[Si](CC)(CC)OS(=O)(=O)C(F)(F)F
- Density – 1.169
Safety Information As Per GHS
Hazard Class - 8 corrosive
Hazard Statement(s) as per GHS
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.