tert-Butyldimethylsilyl trifluoromethanesulfonate ( Tbdms ) Triflate
Trifluoromethanesulfonic acid tert-butyldimethylsilyl este | tert-Butyldimethylsilyl triflate
Tert-Butyldimethylsilyl Trifluoromethanesulfonate ( Tbdms ) Triflate
tert-Butyldimethylsilyl trifluoromethanesulfonate is involved in the introduction of a bulky tert-butyl dimethylsilyl group onto a cis-bis(alkenyl)oxirane used in Cope rearrangement. It is associated with a thiolane and promotes the chalcogenide-Morita-Baylis-Hillman reaction.
Additionally, it serves as an extremely reactive silylating agent. Additionally it is also used to create enol-sillyl the ethers through reaction with lactones and ketones.
This reagent was used to introduce a bulky tert-butyl dimethylsilyl group onto a cis-bis(alkenyl)oxirane facilitating a room temperature Cope rearrangement to a 2-CF3-4,5-dihydrooxepin.
Together with a thiolane promotes a rapid and efficient chalcogenide-Morita-Baylis-Hillman reaction.
|CAS No :||
|EC Number :||
- Appearance & Physical State – Colourless Liquid
- Molecular weight – 264.33800
- Boiling point – 65-67ºC (12 mmHg)
- Flash Point – 36ºC
- Storage Condition – 2-8ºC
- Density – 1.15
- Water Solubility- Decomposes
Safety Information As Per GHS
Hazard - 3 corrosive
Hazard Statement(s) as per GHS
- H226: Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H335: May cause respiratory irritation.