Methyl Trifluoromethanesulfonate (Methyl Triflate )
Methyl-triflate | Methanesulfonic Acid,trifluoro-,methyl Ester | Methyl Triflate | Methyl Trifluoromethanesulphonate | Trifluoromethanesulfonic Acid Methyl Ester | Methyltrifluoromethanesulfonate | Trifluoromethanesulphonic Acid Methyl Ester | Einecs 206-371-7 | Methyl Trifluoromethane Sulfonate
Methyl trifluoromethanesulfonate is a strong methylating reagent, commonly used for the pre-methylation of polysaccharides under mild basic conditions.
Methyl trifluoromethanesulfonate can be used as a methylation reagent:
In the identification of zerovalent sulfur, polysulfides in water wells containing sulfide and polysulfide species within the electrolyte of lithium-sulfur batteries by chromatography-based methods.
In a reaction that involves potassium enolates.
for the conversion of triflates of amines to methyl.
|CAS No :||
|EC Number :||
- Appearance & Physical State – Colourless Liquid
- Molecular weight – 164.10400
- Boiling point – 95ºC
- Flash Point – 38ºC
- Density – 1.45 g/mL at 25 °C
- Storage Condition – 0-6°C
- Sensitive – Air Sensitive
Safety Information As Per GHS
Hazard - 8 corrosive
Hazard Statement(s) as per GHS
- H226: Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H301 + H311: Toxic if swallowed or in contact with skin.
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H330: Fatal if inhaled.