Ethyl trifluoromethanesulphonate | Ethyl Triflate | ethyltrifluoromethane sulfonate | Trifluoromethanesulfonic Acid Ethyl Ester | Methanesulfonic acid
Triflate, also known by the systematic name trifluoromethanesulfonate, is a functional group with the formula CF3SO3-. The triflate family is usually represented as -OTf in contrast to the group -Tf (triflyl). For instance, n-butyl triflate is expressed as CH3CH2CH2CH2OTf.
The triflate anion, CF3SO-3 is a very stable polyatomic ion. This result is due to its triflic acid (CF3SO3H) being a superacid, i.e. It is less acidic than pure sulfuric acid, which is already among the most powerful acids in the world.
|CAS No :|
|EC Number :|
- Appearance & Physical State – Colorless to faint yellow liquid
- Molecular weight – 178.13000
- Boiling point – 115ºC
- Flash Point – 96
- Smiles – CCO[S](=O)(=O)C(F)(F)F
- Density – 1.374 g/mL at 25 °C
- Vapor Pressure – 23mmHg at 25°C
Safety Information As Per GHS
Hazard - 8 corrosive
Hazard Statement(s) as per GHS
- H226: Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.